Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend

Gory, what a crappy weather weekend, what good are 50 and 60 degrees days in January if it's sopping wet out? 

Tomorrow is the Chinese New Year, so today I made a long list of every single chore needing done in the house and yard-cleaning that is.  I gave the kids different colored highlighters and told them to have at it, I would check it tomorrow and do everything left myself, but if anyone marked off more than I did, they would get A Prize.

Now, at 12, nearly 14 and 16, you'd think they would not play along, but these guys will do anything on a points-based system.  Half my list was done in the first 2 hours!  It was agreed that no matter what, we would all have lunch at Chick-Fil-A on Tuesday if everyone did some of the list.  I guess I better get at it.  *grumble*

Yesterday, we had Christmas lunch with my father and sister.  We hung out at his house afterward for several hours, then went to pick up things for a craft project on the way home.  I have 2 new pair of earrings now!  haha.  Who knew I would be such a junkie?  I also got a machete and a new pocket knife from Daddy.  My father has cases of knives and swords, he has some of them displayed-along with several air pistols-on plate racks in his 'man cave'. He cracks me up.  He pointed out that he spray painted the racks black first.  That's manly.  Never mind the scrolled edge is made of roses.  I mean, black roses.  hehehe  It's not that I question his orientation, just that he's got weapons on a display stand for Spode or Granny's good wedding china.

The trip is still being roughed in.  We are leaving on a different schedule than first planned, we have had to move around a couple of stops and make some other minor changes.  I did manage to secure pet and house sitting for the time Matt will be gone and I have tweaked our pre-trip budget to where I can almost afford food and gas and still pay for oral surgery-as long as it's not more than I think-membership renewal fees, new tires, brakes for the Volvo, a plane ticket home and house repairs that have to be done before we head out.  If nothing else goes wrong or needs fixing, that is.  Ah, if not for my holier-than-younger-me attitude of not taking on debt for things I could have everything material that I desire.  hahaha! 

I made up a new word today for when someone takes a photo and then sets about drawing on it.  It's called: Phart.

And that concludes the weekend recap here at the castle.