Friday, February 10, 2012

Fourteen

Today is Chandler's birthday, I know it gets old hearing it, but I am in constant shock at how much older my kids are compared to what I think they should be.  I just had her, what...three, four years ago?  Turns out, it was fourteen years ago!  At 11:01 in the morning.  I was so excited, I wanted a girl very badly and even if I had a catalog and a hundred years to pick the perfect combination of parts and personality, I never could have dreamed up this girl, she's simply amazing.

She loves Webkinz and today Matt asked her if there was an equivalent of Brony's, which are men who identify with My Little Ponies.  She said, "Um...well, I've not read about that type of peripheral demographic, but I know that Grandmother's seem to like to play."  And, that's Chandler.  She is so funny with how she's so serious.


Here she is, 14!


Red velvet cake!

The girls decide...it's not red enough!  They add more dye.

Then they add different colored dye to the already-poured mix...



We tried baking ice cream cupcakes.
It's been 10 years since I tried making these.

They start off okay...

But-too much mix!  Maybe about half-filled next time!

The kids proceed to stomp one another via the Wii

The altered cupcakes freak us out a little!


The Birthday Song is sung and though the kids had just all had cupcakes with icing and sprinkles, they all ate a slice of cake.  The noise level since this event has gone up considerably.



I hope your wishes all come true, Baby Girl!