Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday of So Tired

I did my usual wake up and stare at the ceiling last night, but today instead of being able to snooze a while after finally going back to sleep, we had to be up before 7.  Well...Matt woke up at 7:14, we had to leave the house by 7:30, so we zipped around and got ready, got Jake to rehearsal and fed Ben and Chan then dropped them off and picked Jake up and ate with him.  I managed to jilt Suzette, who planned to eat at Cracker Barrel with me this morning.  I just flat forgot, which makes me about a 2 on the friend scale.  Still, she's thinking of going to Yellowstone with me! 

After rehearsals, we decided to go to Unclaimed Baggage.  I am right between sizes and have 3 pairs of pants that fit.  We need some stuff for camping, I wanted to get a couple messenger bags for the boys and so on.  So off we went.  Us and 93% of the rest of Northern Alabama.  It was wall-to-wall people, the racks were being picked over and people were in line to be next to go through them.  We picked up a pillow and 2 stuff sacks and hit the road.

Next stop was a thrift store where we did MUCH better.  I got 2 pairs of pants that fit, Jake and Matt scored some cool t-shirts, Chan got some clothes and 2 really cool dresses.  One is amazing, I hope she ever gets a chance to wear the darn thing!  I scored messenger bags for the boys, a pair of shorts and a pair of capris for me and it was under $50.  Woot!  Chan and I looked at bathing suits and she said she'd consider one of them, if I found the shirt that went with it.  hahahaha!  I guess she'll swim in a bag this year, that girl is SO modest.  I picked up a pair of darling shorts for her the other day and they are PLENTY long enough, but don't come TO her knees and she thinks they will be fine to wear around the house.  *sigh* 

We stopped for a geocache or two, picked up pizza and went to the park for a picnic and THEN the rain came in.  It's rained ever since.  I got SO tired on the way home with the drizzle and the sleeping family and the rub of the wipers...zzzzz...

He was 62!  Damn Yankees, that's horrible!

Matt feeding the pizza bones to the birds.  We made up a story poem called
If You Give a Coot a Crust.

I loved how they look like they are chatting to pass the time while waiting for some event to begin.

The gulls all came in once the rain started and faced South
Coots!  They eat cooties!
Sitting at a park by the lake in Scottsboro hoping for a break in the rain!

Driving back over the lake