Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Random Thoughts

Yesterday was Hoodie Hoo Day, so we went out at noon and yelled Hoodie Hoo at the sky.  Austin was seriously NOT into yelling and waving his arms with us, but he managed some volume and a little flailing.


He was still very careful not to be seen!


Ben stayed inside with his foot up.  He said it was hurting over the weekend and indeed, it was red and puffy.  Then yesterday, he nailed it and it was purple and puffier.  The toe itself feels really hot.  I have had him resting it and taking anti-inflammatory meds.  The kid playing Toto makes a real point to step on each person's foot during the dance number and Ben was worried he was going to step on his foot last night.  I will be SO glad when the play is over, it has not been the best experience. 

Chan and Ben hanging off the bed, chatting about Pokemon

Tonight is the full dress rehearsal with make up and all the props.  Dena asked me to do photos for tonight, I am excited about it-or I would be if I had any sleep to fuel some excitement.  I slept from 11-1 last night and from 4:30-7:30 this morning.  Meter Reader called to say she'd be here 'early' and it's after noon and I am still awaiting her arrival.  Trying not to think about the 3-4 more hours of sleep I apparently could have gotten.

Tomorrow is the start of the public performances.  I am going to see the play in the morning and Matt is going with his mom on Saturday, we will both be there to take pictures tonight, and of course we will be around during the rest, just not paying guests of the theater and therefore, in a side room. 

Today has turned out beautiful, sunny and warm with a breeze that does not let you forget it's still winter.  There are some pockets in the yard that are out of the breeze

My saplings, growing in the sun.


There are some new things blooming, the forsythia and Bradford pears are starting to put on a show

It's hard to stay crabby on a day like this, with the end of the running around nearly in sight and the sun streaming through the windows.