Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Off To See...

It's almost time to leave for Oz again, it's always amazing how fast this last bit goes, despite the endless rehearsals and that drive back and forth from the theater, killing time when it's too rainy to walk the track, biting my tongue over and over while watching bits of rehearsals.  Of course I would do it differently, that's why I am not directing.  I would have ritually sacrificed a couple of the louder parents and rowdier kids the first week and there would be dead silence and total effort in my theater.  None of this milling around and missing ques and forgetting lines.  Those monkeys would FLY!  LOL

But, it's not my world to manage, so I will take care of the one I can have some control over.  : ) 
The first 3 plays were today and the first full dress rehearsal was last night, Jake said on the way home, "Okay, I did rehearsals, we put on a play.  I am done." 

I took a LOT of pictures at dress rehearsal, but here are some I took today:














 

And a few from rehearsal, first: My favorite shot of the night:
I love me some Amos kids.

Creepy Farmhand Jed listens in while Auntie Em chats to Dorothy

Whatever's coming, they don't look too happy!

Not In Kansas Anymore


She's so MEAN!

Sending a signal to his Mama!

The Mayor heads to take over the next town!
I am not uploading more right now, so you'll just have to wait, or come see the play for yourself!
Here are some sneak peeks...