Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mid-week

I have been mucking around this week, I have not gotten much done beyond watching Downton Abbey and keeping the house clean and the kids fed.  We managed to get outside for a few hours today, plus Matt and I walked 3.5 miles after he came in from work, I am feeling more like myself than I have in weeks. 

I have also been gathering wool and information about long trails, getting us ready for more serious hiking this year.  Our 9+miles on Sunday was great, but that was a walk-not much work more than moving our legs for a few hours.  Since it's so close, we have opted to keep using the area to take longer walks when we can't get to a trail, just to keep our stamina up.

I found this today, a 5 minute stop motion movie of the entire AT.  He starts at Springer and ends at Katahdin.  I enjoyed the sunny parts, but the snow-ugh.  I am not looking forward to hiking in cold and sleeping in cold one bit.  I guess I need to buck up somewhat!  I can do the physical and what I am not able to do yet, I will work on.  The mental will be my big blocker.



But there's time to worry with the details later. Today, the wildflowers were making a good showing.