Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Welti Return



I love that we have found somewhere to go that's so close to home!  I am already feeling morose about this summer when it will be too dry to swim, but hopefully we can take advantage of it a few more times before the weather gets hot.

Today was a perfect day to be outside in the water.  We met up with Cathy and Lakota at Berlin and headed to the falls for the afternoon.  The kids were in the water right away, I took a while...

They floated down the creek in tubes after swimming and climbing the falls and then we all had lunch, out pickle chips were so salty, I thought we would all have fits.  It was like licking a battery, it nearly knocked your head off.

The kids went under the falls at one point to sit behind the water.  I thought how lovely, a true example of sucking the marrow out of the day.  Jake came to ask if I wanted to go back with them, that it was 'an awesome experience'.  I declined and he went back across the water.  Then I decided I am far too young to miss out on something like that.  I handed the camera and my sunglasses to Cathy and proceeded to scream my way across the water and climb the falls.  I went through the beating water of the falls on my hands and knees.  It WAS an awesome experience.  I'd put it in a top 10 list of things I have done that I have enjoyed immensely.  It was SO cool, the water made a sheet in front of us, it was so loud and the air was saturated, it was chilly and easy to breathe-no pollen!  I hated to leave, but all the stray water flying around was creating hazards for my contacts!

We swam around and floated another hour or so, spending a total of about 4.5 hours at the falls, it hardly seemed like it!

Blogger has AGAIN randomly arranged my photos, so I will just label them as they appear:




It's us behind the falls!  See the green arrow?  Cathy took this one with my camera.





The kids floating down the creek!


Baby water snake.  The kids saw a big one at the top of the falls and we kept trying to come up with scenarios in which it came flying OVER the falls, in particular while we were under the falls.



As soon as we got there, the kids went running off to climb around.  The water was lower today than the last 2 times.

It's me!  Cathy took this one, too.



This is a pic of Ben at the top of the falls, I put a B over his head in the pic below so you can see him more easily.