Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mid-Week check-in

After our eventful weekend, it's been nice to just be home a while.  It's amazing to me that the sleepless night and damp tent and the gnats and whatever bit me that left that hole in my elbow are all just glossed over now that I am home and all I see inside my head is the sun-dappled trail, the clear stream and that treehouse...wow.

I love selective memory when it works in this direction.  It's when it goes the other way and my brain want to wallow in little miseries that I wonder if there's something wrong with me.  Just last night, I was so mad at Matt for not inviting me to the prom that I started to get a stomach ache.  I mean, seriously.  What the hell? That was 20 years ago.

I will post a few highlights from the camping site so your brain, too, can bask in the eye candy.

hiking back to Virgin Falls

Laurel Falls Cave

Virgin Falls

Treehouse
So far this week, we've mowed.  Oh, and picked up more dog food.  Matt's carpool ride is off doing training, so he's driving the van this week as the Volvo needs some work.  Chandler lost a bracket on her tooth that is supposed to be under constant traction, so we have an emergency ortho appt noon Thursday, and hopefully the t-storms forecast will not interfere with a library run as well.  

Not much else going on, though I am sleeping MUCH better.  Not a full night yet, but getting there, hopefully the end of insomnia.  I hope it's not like the end of Insomnia because I don't want to get hit by a car.  Of all the King characters, I think Ralph is my favorite. 

I did realize today that my hair is growing back out, I need another haircut.  Which made me realize that I have not seen several folks since I had my hair cut.  My friends have all been scarce of late, several e-mails have gone unanswered.  Not sure what's going on.  The kids have stopped asking if their friends will be there when I come up with something for us to go do.

Last bit of update, we are tossing around alternate travel plans for this fall.  The big trip has to be scaled back to two weeks, if that.  Which means just the southwest, which...sucks.  We have been talking about doing Disney instead or even just taking Poppy to the beach and camping for a couple of weeks.  We have to funnel some money into house repairs is what it all comes down to: finite cash flow, infinite wants and needs.  But, it will all work out in the end.  As long as I don't get hit by a car.