Friday, June 1, 2012

Wandering Around Outside








Jessie!  Are you okay, you are sitting down.

Yes, Kuma, I am okay.  I am a little tired.

Okay, Jessie.  You rest and I will take care of things.



East end of a west-bound dog pack!

 The rain early today bled color from the morning glory as it dried.  They were beautiful!



The pollen was so white, it was glowing inside the flower.


The Japanese beetles are already at the leaves around here, I hate those things!




 The blackberry are ripe a full month ahead of schedule this year.
We usually pick them around the 4th of July.



The Buddha pot on the porch is looking a little full! 



Of eggs!

We grilled this afternoon, brats and hot dogs and corn.  I made cherry cobbler on the coals.
I also made mac and cheese in the oven and used curry.  It went over very well!  Matt kept screaming, "I can smell the Universe!"  We all had to run blow our noses a few times, very warm.  But not the same warm as peppers, it does not make my stomach hurt.  : )

In all, a lovely Friday off for Matt, spent at home with some glorious weather, the high today won't hit 80.  We have the windows open and the fans going, everyone is full, the sun is warm, the kitchen is clean and the laundry is all put away.  I love easy days at home, when the most significant thing to happen is finding eggs in a bird nest or watching your elderly dog scamper and play, even if it's just for a little while.  All those little memories that I don't ever want to take for granted.