Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Slow Round Here

Thank goodness there's nearly nothing going on lately.  I used to not like lulls, but have come to the realization that they also mean nothing drastic is going on, either. 

I have been moving photos to my external drive, that is like poking molasses uphill in January using a coffee stirrer.  I have been reading, according to everyone else in the house 'all the time' though the laundry is done and the house is clean and their little bellies are full, so I can't imagine it's ALL the time.  I made a little schedule this morning so I can have a more interactive remainder of the week.  Today, I am rearranging my room.  So far, I have the bed moved.  But since it's 6'3 x 6'2, I feel that single article is an accomplishment.  Plus the stuff I moved so I could move it. 

Out internet has been SUPER slow, the kind of 'click on the page and go away until it loads' slow.  I don't know why I am blogging, it may never upload.

Going back through the years (I am wayyy back at 2009) and looking at photos from our travels has given me a new list of places I want to revisit this year and next as well as a few reminders that Ben is no longer belly-button height and this fall is Jake's senior year, if I am going to get them out to see more of the US, we have to leave the house first.  In 2009, we camped 7 full weeks, that's 49 nights.  Last year, I camped 10 nights.  This year, I have camped one.  So far.

So, my goal for the rest of this year is to camp out at least 3 nights a month through November.  December camping is for hard-core people, not me.  I recognize a few things.  If cooking over a fire was so awesome, no one would have come up with a stove.  And if sleeping outdoors in all weathers was what we were supposed to do, I would not have a hot water heater.  Hot water and libraries are the two best things ever than humans have come up with, seriously.  Maybe...highways and cars, but mainly hot water and libraries.