Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Slow Round Here

Thank goodness there's nearly nothing going on lately.  I used to not like lulls, but have come to the realization that they also mean nothing drastic is going on, either. 

I have been moving photos to my external drive, that is like poking molasses uphill in January using a coffee stirrer.  I have been reading, according to everyone else in the house 'all the time' though the laundry is done and the house is clean and their little bellies are full, so I can't imagine it's ALL the time.  I made a little schedule this morning so I can have a more interactive remainder of the week.  Today, I am rearranging my room.  So far, I have the bed moved.  But since it's 6'3 x 6'2, I feel that single article is an accomplishment.  Plus the stuff I moved so I could move it. 

Out internet has been SUPER slow, the kind of 'click on the page and go away until it loads' slow.  I don't know why I am blogging, it may never upload.

Going back through the years (I am wayyy back at 2009) and looking at photos from our travels has given me a new list of places I want to revisit this year and next as well as a few reminders that Ben is no longer belly-button height and this fall is Jake's senior year, if I am going to get them out to see more of the US, we have to leave the house first.  In 2009, we camped 7 full weeks, that's 49 nights.  Last year, I camped 10 nights.  This year, I have camped one.  So far.

So, my goal for the rest of this year is to camp out at least 3 nights a month through November.  December camping is for hard-core people, not me.  I recognize a few things.  If cooking over a fire was so awesome, no one would have come up with a stove.  And if sleeping outdoors in all weathers was what we were supposed to do, I would not have a hot water heater.  Hot water and libraries are the two best things ever than humans have come up with, seriously.  Maybe...highways and cars, but mainly hot water and libraries. 


About Me

Unschooling mama from the start with 2014, 2016 and 2018 graduation dates. I enjoy camping, reading, swimming, hiking and photography.