Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summer Day Five: Saving a Hive

I don't want to talk about my morning, but this afternoon, I went into crazy person mode and scrubbed the bathrooms, did all the laundry, swept, mopped and mowed.  Then I showered and after that changed out all the bedding and got going on on getting that washed.

We mapped out the yard and left a big swath of clover in bloom for the bees, we will mow that next week and leave another section to grow and so on.  When I came in with my haul of blackberries, I had to step carefully to avoid stepping on bees!  yay! 

The butterfly bush is full on blooming and my roses are putting on their third show of the year.  I am happy to be able to provide so much foraging for the wild bees.

Puppy Fort! 


Surprise 4 o'clocks.  There are only 6 in bloom this afternoon.

Rose of Sharon, one of the 2 most useless plants.  The other being a crepe Myrtle. 
Sorry if your name is Sharon or Myrtle, your mom should have tried harder. 
Not that I have any room to talk, my name is awful and was last popular back in 1942.
I thought it came to pass in the days of Ahasarus.  Which is my favorite joke, but no one ever gets it.

Soon my very favorite flower will be in bloom and will keep me company until the frosts!

Cloverfield!
Seriously, who thought that made a good monster movie title?