Sunday, June 6, 2010

Alien Abductions

I am SO bummed that The 4th Kind was faked.  I never would have gotten it if I had read about it first.  Grrrr.  Not that I want aliens running around, but still.  Some sort of 'proof' that 11 million people have seen aliens or UFO's would be nice.  I have no doubts at all that there are 11 million idiots running around out there and the major lack of proof just seals that notion.  I feel the kind of cheated I did after Blair Witch-which I also fell for reading the box at the video store.  Though, in Blair Witch, I could not understand why they did not follow the power lines to the main road after finding the house.  There was clearly a hot water heater in there, and light sockets.  Why on earth would you run down to the basement of an abandoned house?  They deserved whatever happened for being that dumb.  


We also watched Primeval, which was based on a true story.  Final body count, 29 dead.  Only 10 were eaten by the giant crocodile, the rest were gunned down or machete...ed...sliced by bad bad Africans.  (from wikipedia: Gustave is the basis of the film Primeval (originally titled Gustave), which follows a news team sent to Burundi to capture an exaggerated representation of Gustave.)  Now, Gustave is real and living and he is a 20 foot long crocodile.  In the movie, they made him 27 feet long.  REALLY-isn't a 20-foot crocodile big enough?  I would run.