Thursday, June 24, 2010

hmmm

I only have 50 dvd's in my Netflix queue, so I was poking around today, looking for suggestions based on my interests (as decided by the movies and shows I have rated 0-5).


Here are my categories:

Scary Suspenseful Psychological Movies

BBC Space-Travel TV Shows (hahahaha!)

Visually-striking Dark Action & Adventure


I love that it's not JUST space-travel TV, but BRITISH space-travel TV.   That's from Jake's long-running Dr. Who stint.  And Torchwood...and Farscape, which I call 'Muppets in Space' (but it may not be British, I can't remember).

It also gave me a Witty Comedies section, but I don't like comedies.  Turns out, that was based on our recent Shakespeare burst of interest.  Much Ado About Nothing was my favorite so far (of the movies from his plays) and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, which remains in my personal top 10 favorites.

We got in the first of the X-files discs yesterday and finally got around to watching 2 episodes last night.  David Duchovny looked about 12.  hahaha!  I don't think Jake liked it as much as he thought he would, but really, the pilot episode is always off and so he only saw one show.  And it had Seth Green in it, Jake has a bit of hero worship for the werewolf/Robot Chicken guy.

The first episode was set in March 1992.  I said, "Ack, I had not even graduated high school when this was made!"  Ben looked at the screen and said, "Wow...it's THAT old?"