Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer 3

Tomorrow is our third (well, 4th, but I missed last week and it's my blog) gathering O' the friends, this time for our annual solstice swim!  Today is the actual solstice, but Cathy really needs a day off between her work week and her play week.  : )  And, well, I like having Monday to organize and buy food and plan our packing and what-not.  Get the house cleaned up, get the budget spreadsheet updated, plan my spending for the next week.  Make sure the grass is mowed and the animals have full food hoppers and clean water-especially in this heat!  We put ice in the dog water every day and have to wash their watering bins out at least once a week to combat the skeeters and the algae!  The cats don't like ice in their water.


In the news:  There has been a change of venue for the birthday camping trip.  I reserved a site yesterday down on the Gulf.  More on that later, but our sad theory was that we had better go before it's gone.  It could be decades before it's back to 'normal' despite all the hoopla from the higher-ups.  We just don't know what to 'do' to help.  


Also, the scales seem stuck at 14 pounds to go. 


Also, we reached our 2nd savings goal this month, I am very happy about that!  Just 5 more payments and the credit card will be paid off!  We should hit savings goal #3 easily after that.  Or throw that money on the OTHER credit card.  *sigh*  I went back and forth about having debt and trying to save money, but I figure if we have money to dip into, we won't use the credit cards. So far, I have been correct.  It's been nearly a year since anything went on the card, and that was at 0% interest for the life of the balance.  That was better than the 7% interest offered by the orthodontist to finance the balance of Jake's braces.  Credit cards are a tool, I am glad we have access for things like that, I just know that in the past, we have not been quite so careful with them.


Anyway, that's the news from the Castle, hopefully tomorrow will be cooler and clear weather and another great day with our friends!