Saturday, June 5, 2010

Doldrums

Ugh, I had a tough couple of days trying to entertain myself!  hahaha!  
It was hot then rainy then hot again outside, there was nothing to watch here-no TV and no Netflix due in.
I had NO library books.
The kids are doing their own stuff for the summer and don't need much academic help from me.

We had everyone over Wednesday, so the house did not need any immediate cleaning.
I was BORED.



So, I got my favorite toy and went outside to take pictures of the flowers.  I was uninspired and ended up just making a catalog of what's currently in bloom or producing fruit.  Jake and I went to look at the local video store-yes, our town: population 500 has a video store, something nearby towns of 40k+ can't still say.  We may have to dial up for internet, but I can rent C.H.U.D. for a dollar.

There was nothing we had not seen or wanted to see.  This year has been really bleak for anything new and interesting.  The last couple of years, in fact.  Too many stupid comedies or war-related movies.  Blah.



Back home yesterday, I drug out the sun paper and played with that a while.  I got one print I rather like.  Then I polarized some of my flower shots and had one of those I kind of like.  I will post them both since, other than my t-shirt, they are the sole proof I even moved this week.  

Here's hoping I find some inspiration in the next couple of days, I am to the point of boring even myself.