Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tuscumbia




Yesterday we went to Tuscumbia to the Alabama Music Hall of Fame.  I did not really want to go, but it was a group thing and I wanted to see everyone!  It turned out to be...not THAT bad.  I did not know most of the people, the kids did not know any of them.  The first activity they did was make a rubbing of a star and after looking around a while, Chan decided to do Shenandoah because she's been to that National Park.  hahaha!  Jake declined and Ben did Gold City, which he thought sounded like El Dorado.  hahaha!  Oh well, I think they learned a LITTLE in the museum.








Here is Elvis's original recording contract.


I thought this was interesting-he was 2 months shy of his 21st birthday when this was signed and yet-his father signed it as his guardian.


 Michelle, Suzette, Karen, me, Gina

It was SO bright!  hahaha!




Not only does Suzette know all the words to Sweet Home Alabama, she can dance, too.
Here are a few of the kids trying their hand at singing it, Cody just wanted to rock it on the guitar solo-which he did QUITE well!



The girls recorded their Eye of the Bison song in the studio.
It was great, we all cheered-which you can hear on the CD at the very end.

It was cool to watch them, but in the back of my head, I was just thinking, "I can't wait to ride Rockin' Rollercoaster again!"  Because the queuing area is set up like a recording studio...



Not QUITE Aerosmith...




But, it's a hit single nonetheless!
Everyone wants a copy!






I got back from the mis-directed bathroom a little late for the group kid pic and they had digressed into...kids by then.

Check out this car, it was so gaudy I could not help myself: