Monday, July 5, 2010

Twelve

After nearly a month of bouncing between 13 and 15, this morning, I woke to discover I had broken the barrier to 12!  Yay!  I realize this would go faster if I exercise, but I have been really focused on finding food I can eat that won't break the caloric bank.  And, it's hot as blazes out there.


Using Fit Day, I have been tracking my intake and have been AMAZED at how many calories are lurking in nearly everything.  It really is my snacking that's putting me over the top.  Once I dropped snacks and started spreading out meals so I am eating every 3 hours or so, I have started losing again-today is the first day I have been lower than I have previously reported.  I think it must have taken a couple weeks on my lower calorie intake before my body was ready to start letting any reserves go.


I cut out about 300 calories a day until I am around 1500 calories most days, my basal metabolism just sitting still runs around 2600 calories (based on their formula using height, weight, age and so on), I SHOULD be dropping pounds left and right, but it does not work that way.  Maybe it will now that things are in downward motion again.


I had hoped to be through the full 20 (well, 23) pounds by my birthday, which is the 31st.  Then I started wondering if I would be through the first 10 pounds by then!  That is my new goal, to only have 10 pounds left by my birthday.  I think it will be doable, especially if I kick in some exercising now that my body is functioning on fewer calories.


If nothing else, I FEEL better.  Moving things around to consume less and still hit the nutrient levels I need has taken some doing!  Matt is still losing much faster than I am and he eats about twice what I do.  It's not fair, especially since his daily activities mostly involve sitting at a desk.  Darn men anyway.  But I like that my jeans are loose and even though I don't really look thinner, I FEEL thinner, it makes a difference in how I feel about everything else, too.  Though there are days when I get dressed and there's that belly, same as always and I get irritated because it should just go away already, I have created a hostile environment, can't it take a hint?  LOL