Sunday, July 25, 2010

Drive-in

We got Jake back yesterday, I was so glad.  I miss that kid when he is not around, even if it is much quieter!  
We hung out a little yesterday afternoon, he did his laundry and I made falafel for everyone.  I am pretty sure only Matt, Chan and I ate it, Ben tried a bite and looked like I had given him a sock to eat.  He wanted dip to go with it, but not the cream and spinach dip I had.

After a good deal of me complaining about the heat-hottest day of the year so far-AGAIN, as Ben said, "Didn't we just have that?", we checked the drive-in and saw they were playing The Sorcerer's Apprentice and Toy Story 3 together for $15.  I put drinks in the cooler and we piled chairs, pillows and blankets in the back of the van and headed out!  


We stopped at Taco Bell for a few goodies and got all set up about half an hour before the movie started.  As soon as we finished eating and everyone was comfy, a man from the Huntsville Times came over to see if he could get some pictures of us!  He climbed around into the van with the kids and shot them for a couple of minutes, then got Matt and me.  I had on a skimpy tank top, I hope he does not use the pics of me!  hahaha  At least it never came up that we homeschool.  *whew*



The movies were great!  Ben and Chan just rolled during the mop scene from The Sorcerer's Apprentice and Matt and I laughed during most of Toy Story 3-though I admit, we both squalled during the last part.

It was a pretty good day over all!  We got in late and had a good sleep, I like being tired enough to fall right to sleep, that rarely happens.  Usually I get sleepy, lay down, and my brain starts its evil slideshow of what I need to do, what could possibly go wrong and so on.  Ack.  


I think we are going to float around in some water today.  Sounds lovely to me!