Sunday, October 2, 2011

Eggrolls

We made egg rolls today, yummy!

For this filling:
chopped garlic
shredded turkey
shredded carrots
purple onion
shredded cabbage
stir-fry sauce

I just used the whole bag of carrots and the whole head of cabbage and added everything else until it seemed proportionally right.


Matt helped with the pics!  I used my big wok. 

The pics are not in sequence, but I will type you through it anyhow.

Once the mix is cooked, it's ready to add.

Turn the egg rolls sideways, into a diamond.
Add the filling to the middle, more than is shown here, about half a cup-maybe more.  You can experiment.

Flip the bottom up over the mix and tuck the sides in

Brush a mixture of raw egg and a little water over the edges to make them stick.




Place them in a heated pan with a little olive oil and turn after a couple minutes.
Yummers.

I ran out of filling before I ran out of wrappers, so I used some with a can of cherry pie filling I had in the pantry.  MESSY.  But really good.  Chan ate 3.  hehehe  I made these in the pan.

Also, since it's fall, I made the last 6 into little pumpkin pies!  I put a wrapper in each muffin tin and used a ladle to dipper the pumpkin pie mix into the wrappers and sealed the top.  Baked for about half an hour at 350, they were gone so fast I barely had a chance to get a shot of this lonely last one!