Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What I Did With

my bottle of holy water.

I was talking to the boys today (Chan is staying with Kei for a couple days) about Christmas and what they want to do.  Matt has the whole week off, whether we like it or not kind of situation.  A few years ago, we spent the day with Cathy and Kaitlin.  We went to the Shrine and had dinner out. 

At the shrine, I was asking a lady about the holy water spigots in the creche and she said she felt compelled to give me a bottle of holy water and that I would know what to do with it when the time came.

That was three years ago and all I managed to do was give a smaller bottle to Jake to ward of vampires and I put the rest under the sink.  She said some people use it after they clean house, so I put it with the cleaners.  I never felt compelled to spread it. 

Ben remembered her saying the group she was with came and got holy water in gallons and poured it into the Mississippi River to heal the nation.  Instead of diluting the holy-ness, the blessed water engulfed the river water and made the entire thing holy water.  That image stuck with him, so in honor of his birthday, we opted to pour the bottle into the well on the back porch.  Now we have a holy well with loads of holy water for if I ever figure out what to do with it.