Saturday, August 18, 2012

Weekend Review

After a rather hectic start of the week with the busy weekend and then 2 long dress rehearsals, we were able to spend Wednesday being home and doing nothing, we did not even run pick up dog food or bread.  Thursday, Jake worked on his opening song and we started listening to The Hunger Games-which no, I have not read yet.  I started them months ago and could not get past the first part when she arrived at the Capital.

Thursday afternoon, I FINALLY was able to drop the radiator at Fed-Ex to return it for a refund.  Don't EVER buy from car-stuff.com, their low prices do NOT make up for the truly crappy customer service.  I have been trying to return that part since July 19th and it took filing a complaint through a 3rd party before they sent me a return label.  It was less than 3 hours after I filed the complaint when the label came in via e-mail.  That is really bad business, not taking any action until they are tattled on.  I left the negative feedback anyway.  I have not gotten my money back yet...

Friday, the play opened!  Despite my misgivings, again, it went fine, again.  I have decided I just don't know enough about theater-though several of the kids did not develop musical talent overnight-Jake included-it was not a disaster. Or even dull, without the constant stops to redo a scene or move something around, it had decent flow.  Intermission came and I was surprised, there are still a couple of fairly tedious scenes, but it was...dare I say...a fun play! 

I stayed after about an hour and did cast photos.  Here are a few, mainly to show off the costumes, they are so good!

 Brittany, who plays Alice, is the first lead actress in a play we have been in who is not a total diva.  In fact, she's very sweet and funny and is nice to all the other kids.  Last night she helped the littlest cast member up to the balcony so he could see the view.


Not sure why the March Hare has huge rabbit legs and the White Rabbit does not, but I like both costumes!
The caterpillar (in blue below) made the Hare's legs!


Matt and I wanted more arms on this costume!

I loved the cat's costume, but had not posted any of her before because until last night, she did not have so much covering her chest!  She never popped out or anything, but taken out of context from a series of theater shots, she was a little girl in a bustier.  eep!

Not sure what was going on here.










A little audience participation.

Saturday and Sunday, the play will go on without me.  I am very glad to say I will be hogging some time to myself, this has already begun and so far, I have cleaned the kitchen and hall bathroom and scrubbed behind the toilet and mopped both floors and the hall.  The house is happier with clean floors.  I swept the porch and sidewalk, too.  And got the animals all squared away.  Now, when I am done updating this, the floors should be dry and I will go have a nice bath, then pop some popcorn and watch a ghost movie.

It must be the cooling weather, I can not get enough scary stories lately!  I wish I had some to recommend, I can't find anything 'supernatural' that scares me.  And I don't like murder/slasher/raper/kidnapper stories.  I know what people can do to each other and it makes me feel more hopeless and worried than scared-even if they are in the 'horror' genre.  I want that roller coaster feeling of the BOO moment.  I think that's why I love shark movies, the anticipation factor.  And being on dry land.  : )

There are just 3 shows left after this weekend, we won't work with this group again but it's been an interesting experience having a totally different type of director.  We are looking forward to some down time and being able to get some type of schedule back.