Sunday, November 4, 2012

Round the House

Happy to say, we are knocking some stuff off the list!  I got the carpets cleaned, got Chan in an art class, signed myself up for a few things as well.  I have Jake's birthday mapped out if not exactly planned and Friday Matt got under the house and added the support columns under the living room floor.  It feels SO different in there!   Yesterday we cut and painted the wood to replace the overhang over the porch.  Today we-meaning Matt-pulled out half the rotten wood on half of the roof and got about 2/3 of it replaced.  I am hoping for dry weather until next weekend!

We had three major things to fix on the house-the roof, the living room floor and the bathroom floor.  So that's one finished another well underway and the bathroom floor will not take very long.  Suzette said everything takes five times longer than you plan, so I am planning it to take an hour.  I think that was her mistake on the house they are building.  She did not plan it to take a couple weeks, she was thinking long-term to begin with.

We also burned loads of downed limbs and clippings from the various bushes around the house, Jake chopped privet-ever an ongoing issue here-and we had a fire going most of Friday afternoon and all of Saturday and Sunday.



I wanted to get a few pictures of Charlie, but he's not a sit and smile kinda guy.  So I had to run ahead and snap him coming to catch up.  He has energy and then some...



I hope he will work out, it's iffy for him at the moment, I don't know if he's settling in and showing his 'true' self or what, but he is INSANE.  If he were human, I would take him in to a drug detox center-I'd be that sure he was tweaking, he's on 10 ALL THE TIME.

 Jessie is not happy with the new doggie.  She will play with him at times and let's him eat-which is a huge thing-but she is ready for him to go away already.  I can't blame her...

.
I am still your favorite, right Daddy?

Kuma just watches the whole thing from across the yard.
Don't worry boy, you are not going anywhere!

 I took several shots of the heart-shaped hole in the trunk as it burned then could not figure which I liked the very best.  So here they all are.  haha




 Once we have the house 'fixed', meaning our list checked off, we want to build a patio and an outdoor kitchen and I want the chimenea to look like this trunk!

I am taking before shots, I will post the progress as we go!

Don't hold your breath for an invitation to the patio warming, I am guessing it will be another year before we are done with the house.  Oh, wait, the Suzette Prophecy.  I mean, it will be barely 2 months before the house is done.  Yes.