Sunday, November 18, 2012

Wheeler

 After our trip to meet the dogs yesterday, we decided to stop at Wheeler and have a walk in the woods.  The water was WAY down and we got a good look at the mud-and what had recently passed through.  Above we are pretty sure is a turtle track and below is probably those little snail guys.



This little guy hopped right out in front of us, I feel bad for him, I don't think he'll last long in this weather.




 This is a seriously over-exposed shot of sandhill cranes coming in to land.  But I liked the whole alien feel of the shot and decided to keep it anyway.




I love to watch the ducks feed, duck butt is SO cute, especially when they do it in groups.  Like being mooned by professionals.

There's still quite a bit of fall color here and there, though most of the leaves still out are a dull brown.



That's no panda!


Woodpecker on a cypress

The sunset from our heavily-wooded area.  It was NOT EVEN 5 IN THE AFTERNOON.  I really dislike Daylight Saving Time.  It's so bad, I might vote republican if the platform was about doing away with it.  Or...move to Arizona where they DON'T OBSERVE.

About Me

Unschooling mama from the start with 2014, 2016 and 2018 graduation dates. I enjoy camping, reading, swimming, hiking and photography.