Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Lake Day (it finally happened)

I have been trying to get to the lake for the past 2 months. Puking children, wrecking vans and bad weather have all conspired against my efforts.  So, yesterday when we arrived at the marina, I was a little giddy.

We swam for a while, then took turns on the paddleboard and the older kids all took out a Jetski and zipped around and then Elan took all the double digit kids out on his pontoon for an hour or so and they swam more just not with any adults around.

bryozoan


Katy TOTALLY did not get how to stand on the paddleboard.



YOLO!
This is a super stable board, but that does not mean I actually stood on it.  You can paddle quite well on your knees!  It's a work out, my sides, abs and upper thighs are all hollering today.
It was the first time I have gotten to try one, I liked it-but not as much as a kayak!  Plus, I was VERY aware all the sharks in the lake thought I was a seal while I was on it.  My inner monkey is terrified of sharks.  LOL



The kids are scooting around to get gas at the marina, I handed off my camera to Chan and she took the underwater shots below of their adventures.








They got back safely and I got the camera back in time to paddleboard over and hang out while the fish were being fed,



And the turtles!
I was going to ferry Deb back to shore on the board and we tipped it over!  I had a good squeal thinking about that turtle up there chowing a toe.  eeeee!

Back at the house, we laid out food and made dinner and ate and chatted and finally headed back home around 9.  It was a great afternoon!  Lots of talking and planning going on!