Monday, August 2, 2010

August

13 months until Disney!  


Ben started in about Utah again yesterday, I asked if he would rather go to Utah next year, or Disney.  He decided Disney since he is 'still little'.  I guess he is at that.  I want to be morose about how fast they are growing up, but they are not grown yet!  And, as Matt said, everyone is 'still little' when it comes to Disney. 
: )


This month is shaping up well.  Karen and Gina have some great trips planned, in particular a Golden Flake factory tour!  That is my favorite tour we have been on so far.  Well, that and the time we toured the pizza place and got to make our own pizzas.  That was awesome.  Hmmm.  Mainly, food.  hahaha!


I go Friday to get my teeth cleaned and no doubt get an appointment for fixing my back tooth that got cracked when my wisdom teeth were pulled.  It's started hurting, so I am thinking---cavity.  Waaaa!  The kids go the next week for their cleaning.  I think they are all in the clear for problems, Jake in particular since he gets a going-over every 5-6 weeks from the orthodontist.  They have all been really lucky-no cavities in the whole lot of them!  Jake had one when he was 8, on a baby tooth.  The cavity was between his teeth, so filling it was going to be worse than just pulling it. Getting that pulled pretty well convinced him that brushing every day was not such a bad deal.  I still am not sure if they even numbed him, to hear him tell it, they just held him down and pulled it using a hot poker.  He sure screamed bloody murder and punched the dentist and the nurse and kicked 2 other people.  In his defense, the nurse was a total bitch, I would have punched her, too.  I should have gotten to know them more before just letting them yank it.


Ah, dentists.  I am sure I will post MUCH more over the rest of the month.  Since the wisdom-teeth removal, I have been scared of the dentist, nothing in my whole life has hurt the way that did.  And I have given birth 3 times with no pain killers and Jake in particular was a 36 hour labor.  I would go through that again-no hesitation-if it kept me from having a tooth pulled again.  And I was under sedation-like knocked out, not just a couple injections of the numbing stuff.  Before that, I loved the dentist, they loved my teeth, I never had cavities or tartar build-up.  It was a 15-minute lie-down twice a year while they ran spinners over my teeth to make them shiny and fussed because my back teeth are really hard to floss because they are so tight.  And another 15 minutes sit-down with no less than 7 different dentists in my adult life who all said my wisdom teeth HAD to go.


As a result, it's been nearly a year since I have been to the dentist.  *sigh*


Today, I am loading up the van and the kids and going to the library.   Then, dinner at Moe's with my free dinner coupon they sent me last week.  It expires tomorrow.  I need out of the house, other than the warm swim yesterday, I have not left the house more than running to the store a mile away in at least a week.  I guess that's one way to stay on budget-but it's the dull way.