Monday, August 23, 2010

Productive Citizen!

In the past week I have gotten the kids teeth cleaned, all 6 pets to the vet, I got contacts for the first time in 3 years, the oil changed in both vehicles and we started painting the trim on the house!  OMG, I feel SO good about myself.  LOL!  

I was really feeling like crappy mama about the animals in particular, it's been more like 18 months since they last went to the vet.  The kids all had perfect check-ups, the house looks amazingly better with the fresh paint-the porch is nearly done and Jake has started working on the east side trim along the roofline, so he's only about 3 rungs up the ladder.  I pulled down all the morning glory vines and cut the Jessamine WAY back.  I am going to dig that up and move it before I repaint the porch floor. Then the porch is going to be a PORCH and not a staging area for the 50 projects we have going on.

Erin popped in yesterday with a load of books and while her news was not happy, we are getting a much newer washer and the big dresser that goes with the bedroom suite later this week.  And, load of new books.  I can move this dresser out to the shed.  It is useless, the drawers are like 3 inches deep and there are about 15 of them, so they hold 2 t-shirts per drawer.  It's 6 feet long and 3 feet deep and holds the equivalent of 30 t-shirts.  The bigger dresser has...bigger drawers!
Jake and I went to the library and then had lunch at Taziki's with Matt today between the eye doc and the orthodontist.  He is done with bands for now, his teeth look fantastic AND they took those horrible little green things off his front brackets.  It looked like he had broccoli between his brackets!  They were to add more pressure to spread out his front teeth more, like little springs.  But up-close it gave the effect of him having just eaten grass.  Glad those are gone, since I am listing my happy thoughts.

Oh, and we got Chandler her own camera-Matt scored BIG at the pawn shop.  Got her a nice little Canon for $40!  It's the model one older than ours-the one like ours was gone.  It still does great shots and more importantly for her, takes video in a format she can dink around with.

Yay!  I am feeling like I am getting some things done for a change, it's been a stagnant summer-mainly due to ME, but some has been the heat and weather in general.  It seems like we have been broke ALL summer.  I know some of that is going to pay off things faster and some is going into savings to fund cooler-weather adventures (and a new roof), but good grief, I am tired of payday being a week away and having $100 to cover that 7 days.  It's made for a lot of staying home and a lot of meals from the Crock Pot.  But-we have not gone off budget all year.  That's good news in itself just because it means we have been able to cover all emergencies.  I am just glad to be able to handle a few non-emergency items for once!  LOL

September is 3-paycheck month!  That will go a long way in getting the rest of my 'minor things' list ticked off and hopefully fund a camping trip in there somewhere. So, while I am broke again (and more than a week to go to payday!) I am glad to be getting some dust off my to-do list.