Saturday, March 26, 2011

30

This morning I weighed in at 30 pounds under my highest weight!  And 25 under where I started just a year ago.  I feel good, even though there is a ways to go yet!  I did not put on all the weight in one go, it was over several years, so I don't feel the need to lose it quickly.

I am very pleased, I can tell the difference in so many little ways.  I had convinced myself the weight was not having a negative affect because I could hike and work and do anything I wanted to, and that much was true.  I was not unable to do something because I was too heavy.  But...losing weight has shown me where I could have been doing more, have more energy, have more esteem to try new things, to put myself out there a little more and not hang back.

I am excited to be going into the spring and summer still losing, I hope my new energy and stamina will help with further loss and toning.  Go me!  : )  And Matt is neck and neck with me, it has been great having him along for the effort, he's just as gung-ho and fallible as I am, one day hiking 5 miles and eating 1500 calories, the next, a pasta binge and movie night.  The point is, we get back on track and don't count the off days as anything other than a day off.  It's not bad or backtracking or firm proof of our inability to stick with it.  It's life, a celebration, a lazy afternoon to snuggle and read and then eat a pizza.  

Food is a HUGE base of any type of event from soccer practice with orange slices and grapes to weddings with buffets and cake.  Every event and holiday has a food, there's no way to avoid that and no reason to.  We are living, after all.  : )  Trying to find moderation, in all things.  Eating, spending, saving, working, lounging, parenting, as a wife, a friend, a community member.  Some kind of balance and I am realizing there's not a balance where everything is leveled out, there are peaks and valleys in everything.  So, I prefer to think of it more as climbing up and sliding down, always moving ahead, just sometimes not as far as I think I should go or as I want to go.