Monday, March 21, 2011

Vision

I clipped ALL the privet from around the 2 big pines and now, we can see out of the yard into the pasture!  It's amazing how much more open the yard seems!

Ben and I spent the morning drawing plans for a clubhouse/fort/shed/zipline platform/treehouse/dining patio and outdoor kitchen with potting shed and guinea pig housing.  We ended up with something like a row of miniature townhouses, 6x4 and 6x8, some with windowboxes and one that looks like a log cabin, all with fronts that open on hinges like a huge dollhouse.  We could keep bikes and the mower, all the tools and have a potting shed, have somewhere to store camping gear and so on.  And one big screened-in area that would double as an outdoor kitchen, with a long open-walled fort on the top with a roof above that-and slides, a fire pole and landing platform for the zipline.  

It was lovely to daydream that big, we might end up with an 8x8 shed from all of that.  LOL  I DO want a place to keep the camping gear, it's too expensive to just toss around like we have been, and I can't find about half of our gear at any given moment. 

Jake and I half-way fenced a spot to put the pigs outside for the summer.  That roll of chicken wire looked bigger when we started...

Chan came in with a multi-tip screwdriver and Jake got it and did a feint at her like it was a sword and one of the tips flew off and nailed her in the eyebrow.  That was SOOOOO close to being one of the worst experiences of our lives.  I am still not fully over the shakes, it bled, which got her all kinds of pissed.  I don't think she left anything out of her tirade, so I skipped adding to the drama with my own.  Though I did tell him later that it was one of the lesser-thought-out moments of his life and he should think a moment about how it could have ended up.

The kids all leveled up at Khan again.  Jake did some writing, we read for science and did a couple of soil strata tests, mixing the soil in water and now its sitting to see how it layers up.  The lilac and the amaryllis are in bloom today, it's hard to breathe outside!  Oh, I take that back, it's impossible!  I went to take a picture and the *&^% people across the road are spraying chicken manure all over the field.  It nearly lifted my head off my shoulders when I opened the door.  That's has GOT to be illegal.