Saturday, March 30, 2013

Waiting for Spring...

Yesterday started the weekend off very well, Matt's mom was up north with us hill folk and we got to hang out with her a while yesterday afternoon and she stayed over last night before heading back to the flatlands.  While she was here, she bought the kids (and me!) some new shoes and took us all out for dinner.  We planned dinner, but the shoes were unexpected and very welcome!  I have never seen the kids so geeked about footwear.  :) 

After she headed out this morning, Matt and I took Jake to a birthday shin-dig and went to pick up the last of our groceries (TOTALLY forgetting the Farm and Fleece Day we planned to go to, grrrr!), when we got home we stuffed the fridge with fruits and veggies.  I had a list, but I could not help adding strawberries and blackberries and blueberries to it among other things.  The salmon was a great deal, too.  I am finally stocked up on everything we were running low or out of.  Now to sit back and enjoy the home life until next Friday-our next planned outing.  Luckily the weather is going to be helpful with the staying home aspect of things.  Nettlevan had a check engine light and the AC was acting up yesterday, but today neither thing was an issue.

When we got home, I tackled making marshmallows again and FAILED.  It was awful and to make it worse, I did not clean the kitchen before I started so I was bumping into the dirty dishes and having to move things around.  I hate that.  So I was in a minor funk, everyone else was busy, it was raining.  I did not want to sit and read, I could not get in my big hammock because I did not want it to get wet and did not want to lay in the little hammock inside.  Whine whine.  Nothing to do.  So, I had to think what the one thing I always love to do is.  Yes, take a hot bath!  But also, moon around with the camera.  There are times when I have not picked it up in a week or even longer and when I do, it's the most amazing feeling of being complete and excited.  The only other 'thing' I feel like that about is sliding on my backpack.  Or getting behind the wheel for a long drive.


Matt and Nini





Matt quickly grew bored and went back in, so I held a toboggan over my head with one hand and took pictures with the other.  It was POURING when I took these of Chan.



I have decided to take at least one black and white photo every time I take a series of shots for the rest of the year.

When I got in from taking pictures, I jumped on making marshmallows again and nailed it.  In fact, I think I figured out exactly what I was getting wrong.  In fact, I am a professional marshmallow person now.  Yep.