Thursday, November 4, 2010

ahhhhh

Matt came home with gap seal and I spent a couple of hours today sealing all the gaps around our windows and the front door.  At the moment, I can't see any light or feel air coming from any other them!  That will mean less ladybugs this month, too.  I can't begin to describe my dislike of ladybugs.

I hit 7k on my story today, I am both shocked and pleased at how well it's going.  I had a couple of years there where I plodded and finally just ground to a halt.  I think Henry may be getting up the nerve to head out on an adventure with a crazy old man he just met!  Well, just spied on, they have not met up yet.  

Jake is above his personal goal word count.  He casually said yesterday that he 'may want to up his numbers'.  I am SHOCKED.  Chan is in charge of helping with punctuation and she told me today that it was 'not that bad'.  I know he has a great imagination and that storytelling is not the issue, it's the writing.  He's currently typing about 700 words a day leaning heavily on spell-check, but at least he's able to pick out the word he meant to use.  Chan said she only had to fix 3 words so far.  

I picked up cedar and heat bulbs today.  I have one set up in the pig cage and one set up over Jessie and Kuma's hay nest.  They won't need theirs until it's below freezing, but the pigs starting tweeting and basking in theirs as soon as I plugged it in!  hahaha.  I changed it to a lower temp bulb for now, no need to roast them.

Of of that good stuff is helping balance out the horrible stuff, namely one small dog who has decided house training is for the birds.  After nearly 2 weeks with only a minor blip, she's pooped in the house 4 times!  We have blocked off all the rooms except mine and the living room and she has to be in her crate if no one is actively with her at the time. 

She has also been eating the remains of the MANY animals the cats drag up and leave and has thrown up more than once.  UGH!  I sent Jake all around out there with a shovel to gather the dead things and fling them into the trees on the other side of the fence, behind the trash cans.  There will be more tomorrow, there could be more right now.  grrrr.   All the other animals are making having the new one more difficult!  

But, Jess was a PITA to train.  8 months-with weeks between incidents, making us lower our guard.  Surely Zeph won't be as difficult, though I have read Yorkies and Shih Tsu's are the 2 hardest to house train breeds there are.  But Tater is trained, by golly.  He's also nearly 10...anyway, after giving her down the road for the poop today and putting her in her crate until I could take her back out about an hour later, she scampered out, did her thing, chased a leaf, sniffed a cat, pounced after the big dogs and came up with a squirrel tail, which she held at a jaunty angle in her teeth until I made her drop it.  She was not thrilled with that and has revisited the magic squirrel parts area of the yard several times. 

She seemed unaffected by the time out, so at least I don't have another guilt-ridden mutt on my hands.  Jess carries the weight of the world, if she hears me yell FOR the kids, she will go get in her shed.  *sigh*  She's SUCH a good dog, it breaks my heart to think she feels like I am angry with her.
In other news, my jaw is still giving me grief.  Now it slips out while I sleep if I lay on either side.  Then I wake up and it feels like someone snuffed a match out in my right jaw joint/ear/neck for several hours.  Then, all during the day, I get shooting pains through that whole side of my face.  A jolt was so strong just today that I jerked the van OFF the road into a ditch.  The left front tire was in a hole, the axle slammed into the pavement.  I have not taken to to get looked at, it seems like so much effort.  I just won't drive it.

I can't chew anything with mass.  Gum, burgers-any meat-chips, chewy bread, any kind of candy or nut.  I have been eating veggies and pasta and mainly drinking hot tea.  That has to be cooled off because hot things are almost as painful as cold things.  I know I should go back to the dentist, but I also know that will involve opening my mouth to admit tools and hands and right now, I can't open it to brush the tops of my back teeth.  Sometimes I have to stop talking because it starts to burn and I know if I keep moving it around, it will keep me up all night.

I am taking 2 Aleve and then 2 Tylenol, swapping out doses every 4-6 hours, even at night.  I can't even imagine if I did not have at least that much of a buffer.  I have heard trigeminal neuralgia is called the 'suicide disease'.  I totally freaking believe it.


Then, times, like right this instant, it feels fine, no pain at all. It's like the weather, just wait ten minutes.