Saturday, November 13, 2010

bang bang

I never thought I would buy guns for my children, so I never realized they would LOVE shooting or that Ben is a dead aim.  He shoots the same place every time, when the target is new, he makes a hole and then shoots into the same hole until his clip is empty.  I am an excellent shot as well, but I don't think I was that accurate the moment I picked up a gun.

Jake wanted Airsoft for his birthday, so I did some research and bought four guns, we returned one of them the same day.  We now have three pistols and 5,000 biodegradable pellets. 

The kids are getting pretty good, Ben is a natural shot, but his safety concerns were a little lax.  I have drilled them in firearm safety quite extensively and while these guns often require five or so shots to make a hole in a sheet of paper, the deal is to treat them as if they were real and lethal.

They have eye protection, I took these without them shooting so I would not be a distraction.  LOL  In my efforts to make it look authentic, I forgot my own harping.

 




The top of his hat is where Ben was aiming.  Eep.

I don't know how I feel about this whole thing, but-it's something they all are happy to work at and those basic math skills are getting a workout as they quickly figure out average hits, pellets shot vs pellets remaining in the clip and of course points for hitting various areas on the target.