Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saturday

The oldest and youngest take an afternoon nap...

 Today, I woke up feeling great and ready to go do something!  I wanted to hike, climb, swim, play-move.


We ended up at High Falls Park near Guntersville.
About...fifteen minutes into our walk, my head started hurting.  Waa. 
Then, it hurt the rest of the day.








  We started back for home earlier than intended, hoping a stop for something with sugar or caffeine might kick my headache to the curb.

On the way to the store, my left eye started hurting, then burning, then tearing up and finally, I had to just sit with my hand clamped over my eye while it streamed tears down my face. It was bright red, too.  Ack!!
Matt got me some eye drops PDQ and I pulled out my contact, which felt like it took some eyeball with it, and rinsed my eye, my contact and put my contact in a little plastic container with some eye drops on it.

After about 15 minutes, my eye felt better and I put my contact back in because being blind in one eye was making the headache worse.  We stopped for a geocache since I was no longer leaking from the head area or in eye pain, but still headed in the general direction of home. 

As soon as we got in the door, I took both contacts out and washed my face, threw away the left contact and laid down for a few minutes with both eyes shut.  My left eye kept watering and making my nose run, how craptastic!  It's feeling better now, but I can't put any pressure on my eyelid, I think...maybe my contact tore and injured the underside of my eyelid?   I could not see well enough to examine it, just tossed that sucker out.  It was due to be replaced Monday, so at least that was no big deal.  It felt like a tick or something, ugh, that hurt. 



Zeppy about passed out walking up the hill from High Falls, hahaha!  She conked out as soon as we put her in her puppy bucket and snoozed a while.
 
The blue monster in the pic fell out of the bed and was rolling around in the floor, she started barking-Matt was convinced she hated Dan Fogelburg, hahaha!  I looked back with my one good eye and saw her perched on the edge of the chair, staring at the floor of the van and yapping her scary yap, the one with the growl attached "grrrruff".  The blue monster rolled into view-it has huge bug eyes on one side.  When the eyes came up, she would squeak-bark, like "ACK!"  Ah...gotta love the dramatic dog.

She finally got down in the floor and shook it so hard the legs flapped.  I guess blue monster is not going to be a favorite toy.  hahaha