Friday, November 5, 2010

Ups and Downs

Well, here is the report for my recent projects:

1. Local History:
I now have a list of everyone who has owned this house/land back to the Civil War.  Before that, it was just USA on the list.  I have started making some calls to see if anyone around here knows about those families, I go next week to the town hall to look at the records and I am going to meet the local historian for the down-low on the town.

2. House Training ZipZap:
She is a nut, good thing we all love her.  No accidents since the Last Straw the other day.  She was left in her kennel today and was not in the kennel upon returning home, but no potty inside, either.  I am taking that as progress.

3. My Recent Wreck:
Got the van all checked out today.  Other than a scrape and a dented...something bar, there was no damage. That was just freak luck, it could have been a major problem.

4. My #$^*; Teeth:
Matt made me go to the dentist today, a single x-ray showed that tooth I had filled in September has abscessed and the nerve is exposed due to the infection eating through my jawbone.  I KNEW I was not crazy.  That mofo HURTS, and I was starting to get a little discouraged by the continued lack of anything to fix, as nothing was showing up on x-rays and the pain has never been localized, it's all over that whole nerve. 
I am on 2 meds now to get me through the end of the month, then it's off to yank it.  I don't want to mess with root canals and crowns and all that.  Just...go away.

5. NaNo:
Henry is currently bribing Neil to cover for him so he can sneak off and investigate the mysterious old man who has shown up near the village.  I am surprised, he seemed like such a goodie two-shoes, too.  Now he's ditching work and lying to his mama.  I need to hit 8335 before I go to bed.  Maybe I will take some more Lortab and type stoned.  hahaha!  The one I took earlier ain't working.

6. I have Ben's birthday planned, Jake's birthday planned, his stuff is ordered, but not in yet.  

7. I am gearing up to prod the girls into putting on a small play next month.  Because, December is just not stressful enough.  : )  We need drama.