Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday Morning

Tuesday's all start out the same.  I balance the banking spreadsheet with what cleared the bank over the weekend.

I get all the trash bagged up in the whole house and taken out to the bins because they run really early Wednesday.  I clean out the fridge once a month-not this week-to get expired items tossed and I take the recycling in if I skipped it on the weekend.  This is because I am ultimately lazy in the end and sometimes after getting the trash out, I want to just throw out the recycling as well.  

Since Zeph joined the ranks, Tuesday, and every day, have an added round of things to take care of.
All week long, the alarm goes off at 5:21.  Matt takes her out for a quick potty run, gives her a treat and puts her back in her crate.  When he leaves at 7:30, I get her back out and we both wave bye and she goes potty again.  Then I do a few chores in the house while she eats breakfast and thumps around.

After she has eaten, I throw the ball and pink monkey 40-50 times across the living room and she runs like a maniac to get them, then a little more slowly and then she's trotting and then the weight of the toy makes her head stay down and finally she flops over.  Then she is safe to pet.  In her wound up stage, she wants to mouth everything, including me, and though she will stop as soon as you say 'ow', I'd rather not start my day saying ow, ow, ow to an 8 pound Tasmanian Devil as she tries to make my thumb go 'skweee-keeey!' That's why I throw 2 toys, she only wants the one in my hand and will spit the other out at my feet-no tugging involved.  I get in my toe touches by alternating which hand I use to pick up the increasingly damp toy.

I brush her fur down and take her back out to potty again and then she's sacked out for an hour or more.  Just like having a baby!  Early morning burn out.  But gosh they wake up so CUTE and ready to do anything, all shiny eyes and crazy hair and adorable yawns.

Tuesday is a day for deciding the course of the remained of the week.  Every other Tuesday is just before payday, as is today.  I write out checks for the few things we don't autopay.  I attach another note to the internet payment asking that they spell my name correctly.  It was Estner.  Then Eshther.  Now it's Eshter.  I feel one more request will either get it right or get me down there with a shotgun and a baby name dictionary.  That is basic common courtesy.  It assumes a level to detail, that you were able to copy my Zaner-Bloser style print from the page to the keyboard.  When, after 3 months of failure to get a single errant letter in the correct place, I begin to wonder as to the nutrient level in the bananas they are feeding the apparently ape-based staff there.  With names like Coco and Bobo, I guess a consonant letter blend such as the 'th' in my name IS a bit beyond their usual capabilities.  At least they are feeding the gerbils who run wheels in the machinery to keep my interweb flowing at a constant rate.

I make notes in my budget book, I see that next paycheck, my outgoing amounts total $666 dollars.  I think about it a moment.  The water bill  has not arrived, so I am using last month's total to budget for this month. If it's $1 more or less this month, it won't seem like such an omen.

This month is NaNo, I am behind again, I did not write much at all yesterday.  I wish I had taken these antibiotics last month, they make me sick to my stomach four times a day.  I need to get in a couple hours of typing today to catch up, plus get Jake to the ortho, which will involve a trip to the library because I am out of books to read, possibly dinner out with Matt since it will be so late in the day.  I also need to get the kids caught up to the end of the American history unit we have been working on.  That will take about 2 more hours and they all three need to work on their NaNo writing as well.  Oh, and I decided last night that the house has to be moved around again.  I've grown tired of the current arrangement.  I will start that tomorrow, today is filled with enough for me to tackle.  But once my brain has pronounced displeasure with the arrangement, it's no use putting it off for long.

My teeth, well tooth, is on the mend.  It's back in place now that the swelling is almost gone.  It's still tender, but more like a bruise is tender compared to a bullet hole.  My ear and throat are very sore.  No one can figure why-me, dentist, oral surgeon or Matt-so I am taking ear drops along with the meds.  I still can't believe ALL of that pain ALL over the whole right side of my face was ONE tooth root gone bad.  Before antibiotics, it would have killed me-that toothache.  It would have gotten worse and the infection gotten into my brain or settled into my heart and I would have been dead by Christmas.  I can chew soft stuff now if I keep it all on the left side. : )  I was getting a little tired of chicken and stars and cream of potato at room temp.  Thank goodness for new blueberry muffin pudding!

I am off to get Tuesday running again.  In the time I have been typing this and answering e-mails and checking the weather, the snail mail has run, the dryer buzzer went off, the Zephie is starting to show signs of returning to life and Henry has knocked on the door in my brain, he's wanting to know if I can move him, he's been sitting on the porch at the dye man's cabin with a bowl of lentil stew in his lap for 2 days.  The man did say it was famous stew.  I think he's just being whiny.