Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sunny Sunday

My goodness, it is HOT.  I probably blocked it from my brain, but I don't think it's been THIS hot for THIS long all summer.  I am so glad we are in a house with AC for the duration!  We were just home yesterday to refresh pet food and water and check on the house.

Minor catch-up and then I will catch up events.  I have actually DONE SOMETHING this past week!

Park, who is ever awesome, and I have been chatting about scary movies for months.  We came up with this idea together to use some of the places around the park to film a short version of a 'found footage' movie and to also leave 'clues' about the monster, something very similar to Bigfoot to make it easier on us (hahaha!).  I am going to scout locations with him, have a meeting with the teen group to come up with a production plan, then head up and film!  I am hoping the teens will take over and plan, write, set up scenes and do make-up and such.  If nothing else, it should be fun, even if it is a fiasco.  hahaha!  We will all learn something.

The kids started back ballroom dancing last week, so many teens were there!  I was expecting a dozen kids, but it was closer to 50!  The kids ran into loads of friends, it was like a homeschool reunion!  I did not get any pictures from that because...I was too busy talking.  I know, so unlike me, but there you have it.  I managed to pin down Sammy and convince him to repair Poppy!  He thinks he can, too!  I am THRILLED!  Oh wait, I did take a picture...


I know it's a collage, but damn, that is FUNNY.  Golf in the prison stockade, a building...not the one we were in, a steep downhill bike track, some super duper muddy baseball, swimming while keeping your hair dry (a Southern Woman Thing) and...non-targeted archery.  Unless women with dry hair standing in water is the target!

What else?  I dropped the girls off at Phoenix (formerly known as Britney)'s new apartment for her 16th birthday!


The girls stayed 2 nights and I am sure slept 4 hours total.  Successful party!


Nia loves being a Mountain Hound.  She also loves that she can see deer from where she is in this photo. Look at that face.  She was on guard duty, it was serious business!




About Me

Unschooling mama from the start with 2014, 2016 and 2018 graduation dates. I enjoy camping, reading, swimming, hiking and photography.